RESISTANCE BARBELL CLUB
The Resistance Barbell Club is the program where we teach you how to lift properly, with a focus on 1.) form, 2.) speed, and lastly 3.) weight, in that order of priority.
You will be engaged in all forms of power lifting (squat, deadlift and bench press) and olympic lifting (snatch and clean & jerk). We will condition your body to be able to stand up with heavy weight. Of course, form and technique are our key focus, and we will make sure you’re able to lift as safely as possible while becoming stronger throughout each cycle.
We run our sessions through cycles, with each cycle designed to break down each movement so you can clearly understand how to improve your form while increasing your capacity to lift. We do several competitions a year and lift as a team.
HOW DOES A BARBELL CLASS WORK?
Each class lasts about 1.5 hours and typically includes the following:
- Warm-up and mobility prep: to prep you for the workout ahead. (~10 minutes)
- Technique/Focus: We focus you on which technical aspects to work on in the day (~5 minutes)
- Lift: We work with you through the progamming, ensuring every rep counts that leads to progression (60-70 minutes). We will not be maxing out every day.
- Cool down: Active recovery stretching session. (~10 minutes)
- High five and smile: Believe us – PR’s (Personal Records) feel 20x better with friends cheering you on.
Our experienced USAW certified lifting coaches will be there with you every step of the way.
WHO IS THE RESISTANCE BARBELL CLUB DESIGNED FOR?
Anyone who wants to just lift heavier weights
DO I NEED PRIOR BARBELL EXPERIENCE PRIOR TO JOINING?
In order to ensure safety for our athletes, we require that Barbell members have 3+ months of olympic lifting experience or take our Foundations Class prior to joining the Resistance Barbell Club.
WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO THE FACILITIES OUTSIDE OF MY BARBELL CLASS HOURS?
Resistance Barbell Club members will have access to the platforms and weights during all hours the gym is open to continue to perform accessory work on top of our regular programming.
WHAT ARE THE PRICES AND HOW DO I JOIN?