Our Resistance Kids program is meant to instill good and proper movement and exercise mechanics into kids throughout childhood and adolescence. We believe that providing consistency in exercise while focusing on fundamental mechanics translates to greater control of their bodies, enhanced sports performance and fewer sports injuries as they grow older.
As coaches, we want to show our kids that fitness can be super fun, when executed appropriately in a group setting. As parents, we want our children to be able to love and enjoy fitness in a safe and fun manner until they reach a point where they are able to engage in fitness on their own. There is significant research that suggests a positive correlation between sports and cognitive functions, which means consistent adherence to the program can have a positive impact on children’s academic achievement.
Note that we plan to launch Resistance Kids in January 2020. Please contact us should you like to sign your kids up for Resistance Kids, and we will add you to our waiting list.
HOW WILL A RESISTANCE KIDS CLASS FUNCTION?
Each class will lasts 1 hour and typically include the following:
- Warm-up and banded muscle activation: to prep your kids for the workout ahead, while educating them on what muscles should be activated and firing. (~10 minutes)
- Skill: We will work to teach your kids the technique to do skill movements, like pushups, situps, burpees, jump ropes, lunges, and others to ensure these skill movements eventually build into more technical movements as they get older (~15 minutes)
- Metabolic conditioning workout: We will go through a 15-20 minute MetCon each day to ensure your kid sweats and burns off that energy we wish we had! (~10-15 minutes). We will not be using barbells, only be using extremely light kettlebells and medicine balls as weights
- Game: We will have fun fitness games where they won’t even realize they are working out (~10-15 minutes)
- Cool down: Active recovery stretching session. What we wish we’d done when we were kids! If they won’t listen to you as your parents… they’ll listen to us as coaches! (~5 minutes)
- Be present, high five them and smile: Nothing boosts your kid’s confidence in these sessions like your cheering and smiling. So put the phone away, be present and have some fun with them!
WHAT AGE IS RESISTANCE KIDS TARGETED FOR?
7-12 years old
HOW DO I PUT MYSELF ON THE WAITLIST?
Please click here if you want to reserve your spot on the waitlist!